Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thoughts from the sky

I'm on an airplane flying way across the world.
I've been on it for I don't know how long now.
Last night, I climbed into my cozy window seat, ready for sleep—not a meal. 
However, 1-something AM found me thanking the Lord for my cheesecake/pudding cup thing (being the tastiest part of the meal by far), my extra blanket, and the empty seat between me and the nice Australian lady.
If there's a comfortable way to fly for 14 hours, this is it.
And so I fell asleep a very thankful passenger.

I woke up about an hour and a half ago, with a Thousand Foot Krutch song playing in my mind and a violent urge to listen to it for real.
Out came the MP3 player, and for some reason listening to that song brought about the same feeling that I get when I eat a spoonful of peanut butter after being slammed with a crazy craving for it.
These things are inexplainable. 

I've been waiting for it to get light outside the window, but a moment or two ago I realized that pretty much no matter where we are at any given part of this flight, it will still be dark.
Time zones are confusing things.
So I press my forehead against the window and admire the clouds glowing in the moonlight. At least until the realization dawns on me that I'm being that person who leaves a smudge on the window that someone has to clean off later; that's when I move my head to an upright position.

Being one of the only people awake a large airplane with lots of people gives you a lot of opportunity to think about things. I guess if I were a really serious kind of person, I'd think about deep, serious things the whole way.
But I'm Chelsea, and my brain hops around.
I've been thinking the most about how blessed I am right now. (I've already described my flight arrangements).
Also, I don't feel anxious about all the new experiences I'm about to have as I had back at the airport. Maybe that will return once we land, but for now I'm just happy and excited. 
I'm also thankful for the 6 (...I think..) hours of sleep that I was able to get.
And for the fact that I'm not nearly as restless sitting in this seat as I thought I would be. Usually I can't sit for more than an hour without going nuts.

God's hand is all over this. 
I can just imagine him holding us in the air like we were a little toy airplane.

So, so thankful :)

Due to lack of wifi, I will be posting this sometime after I'm off the plane.
I have no idea when I'll get the opportunity.
I just thought it would be fun to capture my thoughts in a unique setting like this and I hope you were amused by reading them. :D

Written by Chelsea  at who-knows-what-time on either July 24 or 25, 2013.
Time zones are confusing things.



6 comments:

  1. One of the coolest posts....ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your long flight was really great! 6 hours of sleep! That's awesome! I hope I can get some sleep on the way to Scotland - it's only a seven hour flight and but it will feel like 2 am when we arrive, and I have to drive! :)

    Praying for you
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read about your new adventure! Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been praying for you and your adventure. May God continue to bless your travels and the trail you blaze ahead.
    (CAST member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile :) I love reading your blog, you have a gift for sharing your thoughts in an entertaining and God-filled way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, in case you don't know who I am, this is Julianne's friend Molly :)

      Delete